2019 Can-Am® Defender XT™ HD10 in Intense Red
RISES TO THE CHALLENGE
Equipped with choice factory-installed accessories like 27 in (68.6 cm) Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, 14 in. (35.6 cm) cast-aluminum wheels, and Dynamic Power Steering (DPS), the Defender XT is ready when you are.
HEAVY-DUTY ROTAX V-TWIN ENGINES
- The Defender XT package offers two very capable true-work powerplant options. The 72-hp Rotax HD10 V-Twin is specifically tuned for serious work but also offers 61 lb-ft torque and peak torque at lower RPM for optimal delivery for recreational use. The work-focused Rotax HD8 V-Twin delivers 50 hp and 50 lb-ft torque for tough tasks.
STEERING YOU RIGHT
- Dynamic Power Steering (DPS) is tuned for utility while returning renowned Can-Am responsiveness for recreational riding. DPS improves steering feel in slow-speed working situations and in more technical terrain. It’s also designed to offer less assistance at high speeds and more assistance at low speeds.
- The Visco-Lok QE† front differential combined with the lockable rear differential offer a 4-mode traction system providing multiple choices for varying terrain or tasks. Users, via a separate front-and-rear toggle switches, can select between a 2×4 open rear differential for tight turning and turf protection, a 2×4 lockable rear for improved 2WD traction, a 4×4 open rear for more maneuverability in rugged terrain and a 4×4 locked rear for maximum traction. The rear differential is gear-on-gear to the transmission for better response, no maintenance, better efficiency and fewer components.
- ECO, WORK AND NORMAL DRIVING MODES
SELECTABLE DRIVE MODE
- Select from three driving modes that are designed to optimized performance on a variety of terrain as well as saving on fuel consumption
PICK-UP INSPIRED SEATING
- The VERSA-PRO bench seat offered on the XT package includes a truck-like flip-up passenger seats with sealed/waterproof under seat storage. It uses a reinforced seat cover with thicker vinyl and a special material finish to be more resistant and offer a premium look. The Defender vehicles’ high-quality seat cover is designed to endure the everyday use on the farm, job site and trail. In addition, the XT driver seat features 3-in (8 cm) of adjustability (forward/rearward) for added comfort and better entrance / exit.
STORAGE WHERE IT COUNTS
- The Defender has a total of up to 16.9 US gal (63.9 L) of storage—including a handy, removable and water-resistant 1.7 gal (6.3 L) toolbox, an industry exclusive—to carry tools and supplies exactly where they’re needed. In addition, we include 6 gal (23 L) of under-dash storage with an enclosed pocket, under-seat storage, and enclosed storage above the gauges.